Disclaimer: I was compensated by AboutOne to review their online organizer. All opinions and text are my own.
As my family grows and we all get busier, I find it increasingly harder to stay organized. As head honcho and CEO of my family AND my business, it sometimes feels impossible to stay on top of all the meetings, appointments, papers, and endless tasks. Lacking the space for any kind of physical family organization center, I’ve begun thinking about abandoning my dreams of meticulously organized binders and color-coded file cabinets, and trading it for a really cool online organizing tool.
Fortunately, I have discovered AboutOne.com
What is AboutOne.com?
AboutOne is an online organizing tool where you can store and share your important business or family information, documents, photos, contacts, and more. Here’s the breakdown:
- All of your family members can be added to one account and given access to information pertinent to them.
- AboutOne makes it easy to enter and store information about major life events. They have set up default categories such as memories, health, education, community service, career, and documents. For each event, you can create a title, a date it happened, a description, and you can upload an attachment, such as a scanned document or a photo. Nice!
- AboutOne is a great place to store all of your personal and professional contacts. Contacts can be entered manually and also imported from Facebook, Google, or a CSV file. Contacts can be organized into contact groups, and you can even specify which contacts are your emergency contacts.
- Important information like receipts, manuals, and warranties that come with my major purchases are can be entered and stored in the possessions section. This is awesome for me. No more hunting around my overstuffed, unorganized file cabinet!
- Coming soon to AboutOne is the calendar, a useful tool for any busy family!
- No online organizer would be complete without a mobile app. Currently AboutOne has an app for Android and Windows, with the iPhone app coming soon! I have yet to download the app, but it’s on my “to-do” list today, and I can’t wait to play with it, as I can see myself really taking advantage of this feature.
The REALLY Important information: Security, Back-Up, and Pricing
Obviously security is of the utmost importance when choosing an online organizing tool. AboutOne.com takes this very seriously and takes pride in their bank-level security. This means your information is never shared and is backed up and encrypted regularly. AboutOne uses McAfee Secure, VeriSign 2046-bit SLL encryption, and TRUSTe EU-US Safe Harbor.
AboutOne offers three different packages to suit your organizing needs. Each package offers a variety of features, but this is the gist:
- The Essentials package is the free package. You can use up to one GB of data, and enter data for up to six family members. In addition, you can make up to 1,000 entries. Unfortunately the family calendar is not included in this package.
- The Premium package is $5 per month. Included is up to 20 GB of data storage, and up to ten family member entries. You may make up to 3,000 entries with this package, and the family calendar is included.
- The Premium Plus package is $10 per month, and includes 60 GB of data storage. With this package you may enter up to 20 family members, and you may make unlimited entries. The family calendar is also included in this package.
I don’t like to spend money on anything, and I can really see using this amazing online organizer. $10 per month seems like a small price to pay to know that all my photos, contacts, and important documents are safe, secure, and will never be lost (by me!).
Do you need an online family organizer? Check out AboutOne.com!