Eating healthy is generally not a problem with me, as I’m in love with salad.
I make a damn good salad. This salad is no exception. While this recipe highlights asparagus, which is now out of season, ingredients can be substituted as the growing and harvesting season goes on!
Grilled Veggie and Bean Summer Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Red peppers
- Grape Tomatoes
- Green onions
- Celery hearts and leaves – the leaves are super tasty and add a great texture
- 1 can of beans of your choice – chick peas, cannellini, or black beans, depending on your veggie choices, drained and rinsed
- Juice of a lemon, or vinegar of your choice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and trim all veggies while grill heats.
- Remove woody asparagus ends, and cut red pepper and remove the stem and seeds.
- Tomatoes can be left whole, or halved. You can skewer them or put them on a grill pan. In fact, you can put any of the veggies on a grill pan, or put the asparagus and red peppers directly on the grill.
- Toss veggies (except green onions and celery) with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Grill until slightly charred.
- Remove from grill and chop to desired size.
- Mix in the beans, and dress with lemon or vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.